🚨 SHOCKING NEWS: Deadly Shooting Near the White House Leaves 2 People Dead,Donald Trump has been…see more

A deadly shooting just outside the White House sent shockwaves through Washington Saturday evening after a suspect allegedly opened fire near the heavily guarded presidential complex while President Donald Trump was inside the building.

According to the US Secret Service, the terrifying incident unfolded shortly after 6 p.m. near 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW — only steps away from the White House grounds. Authorities say the suspect suddenly pulled a weapon from a bag and began firing in one of the most secure areas in the United States, triggering an immediate armed response from Secret Service officers.

Within seconds, chaos erupted across the area as agents rushed to neutralize the threat. Witnesses reportedly screamed and ran for cover while law enforcement swarmed the scene. Secret Service Police returned fire, striking the suspect during the confrontation. The suspect was rushed to a nearby hospital but was later pronounced dead.

But the violence did not end there.

Officials confirmed that at least one innocent bystander was also struck by gunfire during the exchange. The victim’s condition has not yet been publicly released, fueling concern and speculation online as investigators work to determine exactly how the shooting unfolded.

The incident immediately placed the White House under lockdown, causing panic both inside and outside the complex. Sirens echoed through downtown Washington as heavily armed officers blocked off streets surrounding the area. Video circulating on social media appeared to show emergency vehicles racing toward the White House while pedestrians were ordered to move away from the scene.

Most alarming of all, President Donald Trump was reportedly inside the White House at the exact moment gunfire erupted outside.

ABC News, citing a White House official, reported that Trump was in the Oval Office working alongside close aides including Steven Cheung, Natalie Harp, and Margo Martin when the shooting began. Despite the terrifying proximity of the incident, officials stated that no protectees were injured and no presidential operations were disrupted.

Still, the fact that gunfire broke out just outside the White House while the president was inside has already raised major security questions.

In an official statement, the Secret Service emphasized the rapid response of officers on the scene.

“An individual pulled a weapon from his bag and began firing,” the agency said. “Secret Service Police returned fire striking the suspect who was transported to an area hospital where he was pronounced deceased. During the shooting one bystander was also struck by gunfire.”

Authorities added that no Secret Service personnel were injured during the confrontation.

The FBI quickly joined the investigation. FBI Director Kash Patel confirmed that federal agents are assisting the Secret Service as investigators comb through evidence and attempt to piece together the suspect’s motives.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the United States Secret Service have not yet released the identity of the suspect, nor have they said whether the shooting was politically motivated or specifically targeted toward the White House.

Meanwhile, the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia also responded to the scene and helped secure the area during the investigation.

Hours later, officials announced that the lockdown around the White House had been lifted, though a heavy police presence remained visible throughout the night.

The dramatic incident instantly exploded across social media, where users described the shooting as one of the most alarming security scares near the White House in recent memory. Many questioned how an armed suspect was able to begin firing so close to the presidential complex before being stopped.

Others focused on the timing — with President Trump actively working inside the Oval Office while gunshots rang out just beyond the gates.

As investigators continue examining surveillance footage, witness testimony, and forensic evidence, unanswered questions remain. Who was the suspect? What was the motive? And was the White House itself the intended target?

For now, authorities say the investigation remains active and ongoing.

The shooting marks yet another frightening security incident in the nation’s capital and serves as a stark reminder of the dangers facing law enforcement and civilians alike — even in the shadow of America’s most protected building.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *